Friday, July 12, 2013

What do you do about uneducated cashiers and supervisors?

Today was a morning full of shopping and finishing up school supplies for me. I've totally lacked on my blog and I do apologize!!  I have some excellent news though!  I will be working directly with the Houston chronicle to host coupon classes and that means I can offer Sunday paper subscriptions for a great price!  This is an awesome opportunity for everyone who comes my classes because no more expensive papers from the store!!

But back to what the post is about. So today while shopping I encountered 4 uneducated cashiers AND customer service managers at Walmart.  I posted about a oral b deal and the herbal essences deal earlier this week that I have been doing. This today was the first problem I encountered with it all.  I went to Walmart first because I had a ton of coupons to go through in a day.  I get to check out, everything rings up with no problem even with price matching. I use my coupons and again, goes smoothly until is get ready to pay. With the oral b deal, a manager has to unlock the computer to ok the whole thing. Well I got the uneducated supervisor. She made rude remarks like, "7 dollar coupon, I gotta see this."  And "All this for 26 cents? Yeah right."  Rude right?  So then it gets to the point where she's going through my receipt and states, " oh you can't price match AND use a coupon. It's one or the other."  Since I KNOW the policy at Walmart, I wasn't worried.  I tell the supervisor that I know the coupon policy and the price match policy. I also state that I've done this already with no problems and already had a manager ok it at the exact same store without a problem.  The supervisor rolls her eyes and calls over the general manager at the store. I politely say hello and we talk about the "problem".  She goes through my coupons and my items and says there is no problem.  She examines that she would rather the cashiers ask if there is any question about a coupon. I understood completely and respected that. I then explained that I was just told by the supervisor that I was told that I could not price match and coupon to which the manager clearly stated, "no that's not true, you can use a coupon and price match. Who told you that?"  The supervisor who had said that ran off before I told the manager that she had said that. The manager found it funny and had realized her employee ran off to avoid confrontation.  The manager then proceeded to tell the cashier to ring me up, apologized for the problem and wished me pleasant day.  See?  Knowing your coupon policy helps!  Even better is having it with you! 

So what do you do when a cashier AND a supervisor try to refuse you?  Stick to your guns and know your policy and your coupon.  The second Walmart was a very pleasant experience. I really enjoyed it. Thank you Walmart on westhiemer and west Houston center!  But the third store was a nightmare. Before I even gave my cashier my coupons he said I could not use my always coupons with the product I had because it was trial. WRONG! No where on the package does it say trial. I said ok, took my coupons back and gave him the second stack. He tells me he won't use them because its not the right product. WRONG AGAIN. Finally, he didn't want to deal with me anymore so he brought his young incompetent SUPERVISOR to try to deal with me. I stated that I had done this already at another store and had a GENERAL MANAGER approve my purchase after she checked my items and read my coupons. I told her I know the coupon policy and my coupons. That supervisor couldn't deal with me and brought me a more abrupt and rude individual to handle my transaction. She proceeds to tell me that she can't take my coupons because I don't have the right product (without even looking at my items mind you). Then she tells me that even if I have the brand of product correct that the coupon will still ring up. Wrong. If you don't have the right product, your register will beep and it will say you don't have the product. Anyway, so I tell the supervisor politely to tell me where on the always liners does it state it's a trial size. She looks and looks and has to give to me. Then the oral b coupon she tried to tell me it had to be the brush with replacement heads.  I said there is no replacement head that comes with a brush and that she could show it o me if she found it. Then she huffed and puffed and then found one out of my eight oral b products that was "wrong". She made my boyfriend go back and change it out. The cashier didn't want to have anything to do with me and made his supervisor ring me and my coupons up. My total was 99.07 and when she was done she owed me .78 and was not happy about it. I apologized for being complicated but I knew my policy. I told her thank you with no response or glance from her. 

Moral of the story?  Know your policy and don't let your supervisor or cashier intimidate you!  

    Retails for 609.xx and I paid 4.xx for all of this. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment